Hello everyone, Here is a Made in Japan Boxer Telecaster. This guitar is heavily modified and I put a lot of effort into this. The story behind this guitar is a little unique. A few years ago Fender Japan released the
Evangelion Asuka Telecaster.
I loved the concept of them building and connecting Anime to the music world, however I wanted to see if Fender Japan would make a Nintendo model guitar by connecting the heritage of the old Japanese gaming with Japanese guitars. Needless to say I got a hard no from Fender on them making something like this. Maybe it was due to licensing or simply because I am a small store, I am not quite sure. I still wanted to make this guitar possible so I put my cnc machine to work and modified a Japanese telecaster myself and this is how it went.
Here are some of the design efforts-
- The guitar has been inlayed with Mario on the 12th and coin inlays on the 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th Frets
- The guitar has a ghost midi system installed allowing you to connect a GR-55 or Anon Midi system to get crazy effects.
- The start and reset button have been ripped off of the original Nintendo console.
- The reset button functions as a momentary kill switch.
- The power button does turn on but it is just for aesthetics. Due to the design of the original switch it was not possible to make this function as a on/off button for the guitar which is very unfortunate.
- The finish is a poly matte finish with match colors to the original console.
- The Gator TSA case has been vinyled to appear as the controller for the original NES console.
- This took me about 8 months to build just due to the development of the guitar.
- The pickups are original Boxer Telecaster pickups.
- There are 2 toggle switches, one that turns on the midi device and one that changes the midi channel.
- There are three knobs, Volume and tone for the guitar and one volume for the midi channel.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out and ask.