The OF310 Overhead® collapsible acoustic travel guitar features a solid African mahogany top with layered African mahogany sides/back and collapses to carry-on size of 22*14*9 inches! It assembles in 20 seconds with our patented detachable neck system that’s guaranteed for life. A full 24.5 inch scale, a versatile 1 3/4 nut width , best-in-class components, and a wedged ergonomic design make this the most enjoyable guitar you’ll ever play! Tri-piezo pickup and a full-featured TSA compliant carry-on backpack included.
Designed for Travel
- The Overhead travel guitar uses a patented collapsible neck system which allows for assembly/disassembly in a matter of seconds.
- After packing in its travel backpack the Overhead travel guitar can be carried-on to most major airlines, easily fitting in the overhead bin compartment.
- Travel backpack includes a TSA compliant laptop tablet fold-out panel which can be scanned by airport security without having to separately remove laptop.
- Proprietary under-bridge transducer pickup system accurately amplifies the guitar and comes with all Overhead guitars.
Full Tone in a Travel Body
- The wedge design gives a lower shoulder/bout depth that’s deeper than a dreadnought, allowing the smaller body size to deliver great volume and booming bass.
- Bone nut, compensated bone saddle, and ebony bridge pins all help produce the the tone preferred by acoustic guitarists.
- Traditional sound-hole design with forward-shifted, tapered X-bracing maximizes the resonance and volume of the soundboard.
Comfortable to Play
- The wedge design angles the guitar into your body which places the guitar in a comfortable position for fingerboard access and viewing.
- The dual-action steel truss-rod enables fine tuning of relief to suit any playing style.
- Satin-finish low-c profile neck make this 24.5 inch scale super comfortable to play.
Proprietary Body Design:
Stylized 00 body shape
Center sound hole with African Mahogany rosette
Wedge design for increased volume, comfort and efficiency
Hand-selected premium solid African Mahogany
Back and Sides:
Premium layered African Mahogany
Forward-shifted tapered X-bracing
Compound block for reduced weight and strengthened latch support
Binding and Markings:
MOP logo and position markings
24.5 in (622.3 mm)
Satin on soundboard, back, and sides
Ovangkol, high break-angle
Grover® 18:1 or Journey 18:1 Locking Tuners
Included JourneyTek™ under-bridge passive 3-piezo transducer pickup system delivers accurate and clear amplification for any PA system or amp.
Removable Neck Assembly:
Stainless steel load-bearing components
Push-button release latch under neck
Large adjustment knob on back
Carbon fiber reinforced traditional C shape with two-way adjustable truss rod
Solid African Mahogany
Deep-slotted bone nut
Neck width at nut: 1 ¾ in (44.5 mm) N=narrow nut width 1 11/16 in (42.7 mm)
Neck width at 12th fret: 2.2 in (56 mm)
14 Frets to body
20 Frets total
16 inch Radius, Ovangkol
Medium brass fret wire
2 ¼ in (>57.2mm)
Compensated bone saddle
Elixir® Phosphor-Bronze Lights
Guitar Dimensions and Weights:
Weight: 4.4 lbs (2.0kg)
Weight With Case: 7.4 lbs (3.3kg)
Maximum depth: 4.64 in (11.8cm)
Minimum Depth: 3.5 in (8.9 cm)
Body Length: 18 in (45.7cm)
Total Length: 35.5 in (90cm)
Lower Bout Width: 12.5 in (31.8 cm)
Travel Backpack Specifications
Tech Travel Ready:
TSA compliant 14-inch computer compartment for optimal airport security inspection
Easy-access tablet pocket for up to 9.5 inch tablet devices
All- Premium Material Construction:
Extra-durable Ballistic Nylon external case with premium nylon and velour lining
Extra-padded Body compartment with premium velour
Internally-accessible padded neck compartment with premium velour and string slot
Padded string panel with strings positioning tab
Padded Top and Side handles
Extra Compartments for Your Journey:
Internal/externally accessible compartment for accessories
Additional external topside pocket for additional accessories
Additional elastic pockets in computer compartment
Hideaway, reinforced padded backpack straps with padded back