Brand New in manufacturer packaging:
The revolutionary "Halo" mount, a lateral, unique "under lug-line" suspension system, unlocks the freedom of full resonance and allows the drum to sing with an open, pure tone. The Adjustment Knob acts as a built-in Equalizer that can slightly dampen the resonance of the shell, producing a tighter and quicker decay. Whether you like to go dry in a jazz gig, or sound huge in a packed arena, the Saturn Evolution has the whole package for you.
- Halo Mounting System - The revolutionary new “Halo” mount featured on all Saturn Evolution toms, unlocks the freedom of full resonance. Using a lateral, unique “under lug-line” suspension system, this new groundbreaking isolation mount allows the shell the freedom to have an open, pure tone. This is done with minimal stiffness usually associated with under hoop mounting systems.
- Adjustment Knob - With the rubber gasket inside the mount, you can screw the knob down fully to dampen the shell resonance for a shorter decay, or back it off for a wide, open tone. In the studio, this allows you to "pre-EQ" your drums before feeding them into your plug-ins.
- Birch/Walnut Hybrid Shell - First introduced as a special edition in 2012, the Birch/Walnut hybrid shell has made its return to the Saturn Evolution line with Design Lab features. The new shell formula perfectly combines the sonic characteristics of walnut with articulate punch of birch, delivering a Dark, Punchy, Dry sound.
- Chamber Specific Design - Plies get progressively thicker, depths graduate by 1/2”, and bearing edges change as the drums get larger in diameter. The combination of all of these details creates an amazing symphony in one kit, where each and every drum sounds perfect!
- Halo Mounting System
- Birch and Walnut Hybrid Shell
- SAS 0-1 (PD, PM, PA, PG, PQ, PI, PB)
6-Ply, 5.8mm, 10" Toms
6-Ply, 6.5mm, 12" Toms, and Floor Toms
8-Ply, 8.2mm, Bass Drum
- SAS 2 (PO, PT, PZ)
7-Ply, 6.15mm, 10" Toms
7-Ply, 6.85mm, 12" Toms, and Floor Toms
9-Ply, 8.55mm, Bass Drum
- Exotic Violet Burst Lacquer
- Black Brushed Hardware
- Mapex Sonic Saver Hoops
- Mapex SONIClear™ Bearing Edge:
45° on Toms, and Floor Toms
60° on Bass Drum
- Air Flow Venting:
2 Vent Holes on Toms and Floor Toms
4 Vent Holes on Bass Drum
- SAS Static 90 Degree Floor Tom Legs
- Sonic Pedestal Floor Tom Feet